Prayer in the time of COVID-19Pray For:
- Those diagnosed with Covid-19, and those waiting for testing for the virus
- Those waiting for medical treatments that have been delayed by the need to focus on Covid-19
God, heal and help, sustaining bodies and spirits, keeping them patient and positive. Contain the spread of infection.
- Elderly and those in healthcare facilities, or suffering from chronic disease
- Those already ill with other diseases (and at risk from further complications)
- Those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious, and helpless
- The poor, and those without support and health insurance
- The homeless, unable to practice the protocols of social distancing in the shelter system
God, provide them every necessary support. Protect them from disease and provide support and shelter in every city.
- Doctors, nurses, specialists, therapists, administrators
God, thank you for them, their dedication, their sacrifices.
Keep them safe and healthy; help them to be clear-minded. Help them to be knowledgeable about the diagnosis and treatment of this disease, as well as changing protocols, and give them compassion for every patient in their care.
God, empower Christians in health care to exhibit extraordinary peace, so that they might be examples of our faith in eternal life. Give them opportunities to proclaim the gospel
- Those working on medications to alleviate and cure the virus
- Those working on vaccines
- Those evaluating data to determine best plans and timelines for moving forward
God, give them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice.
- For our local, state, and federal government officials
God, help our elected officials as they allocate the necessary resources for combatting this pandemic. Help them to provide more tests.
- Couples and families working and living in unprecedented proximity
- Children and teens completing school year at home
God, help mothers and fathers to partner together creatively for the care and flourishing of their children. For single mothers and fathers, grow their networks of support. For parents who cannot stay at home but have children who need care, help them to find creative solutions. Help all to be patient in new ways of living together.
- Those seeking to help the church be the church in a time of uncertainty.
God, help them to creatively imagine how to pastor their congregants and love their communities as well
- Churches in areas with high rates of infection
- Churches facing opposition and persecution
God, give them courage and creativity, provide them with words of hope, and equip them to love and serve those around them.
God help us to live as your children, being transformed to the pattern of Jesus, our Savior.
Help us to let the fruit of the Spirit shape every aspect of our character that we may be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled in all we do in this anxious-ridden time.
May your Holy Spirit inspire us to pray, to give, to love, to serve, and to proclaim the gospel, that the name of Jesus Christ might be glorified around the world.