READDevotional Bible Readings
Read the Word!
Devotional Bible Reading
Read the Word is a Bible reading program for people who want to read the Bible—but find most programs leave them behind. Read the Word lets you read through books of the Bible in bite-size chunks—and helps you think about what the reading means.
- Start with a brief prayer.
- Read a short passage of Scripture.
- Consider these three questions:
- What did you find most interesting or noteworthy about today’s reading—and why?
- What’s the key message of this passage (e.g., what might it be saying about God, what God does, or about his desires for us)?
- What does this passage say to me about how I might be a more faithful follower of God?
- Close in prayer.
Let this year be the year you really begin to spend time with God’s Word. Read the Word!